The Child Care Association of Brevard County, Inc. can no longer offer free training. Please read the update below for information on fees and registration.
The Child Care Association of Brevard County has provided state mandated courses to include; 40-Hour Child Care Workers course, 30-Hour Family Day Care course, 3-Hour Fundamentals of Child Care and Continuing Education for over twenty years at no charge to Providers. In addition, the CDA “Child Development Associate Equivalency Program has been offered.
Due to the reduction from the Department of Children & Families, the training funds have been distributed in a one District Contract. Therefore the Child Care Association is now charging for training opportunities.
Method of Registration:
1. Registration is on a “First Come, First Serve Basis”. The first 35 paid participants will be enrolled in the course.
2. Register online at http://www.myflorida.com/childcare/training
a. Once you register at the above web address, you will have 5 business days in which to pay. If payment is not received within this time, your registration will be removed from the roster.
Method of Payment:
1. All registration must be mailed or brought into:
Harry T. Moore Child Development Center
Attention: Training Department
307 Blake Avenue, Cocoa, FL 32922
2. Remittance must be in a check or money order made payable to “Child Care Association of Brevard County, Inc.” NO CASH PLEASE.
3. There will be a $25.00 fee for any returned check.
4. Once you pay for a class, you have 10 working days to withdraw and receive a full refund. There will be NO REFUNDS after 10 days before class starts date.
1. 30-Hour “Family Child Care Home” $30.00
2. 3-Hour “Fundamentals of Family Child Care” $15.00
3. 40-Hour Child Care Course
a. 20-Hour “Introduction to Child Care” $25.00
b. 10-Hour “Behavioral Observation & Screening” $15.00
c. One of the following”
(1) 10-Hour “Infant and Toddler Appropriate Practices” $15.00
(2) 10-Hour “Preschool Appropriate Practices” $15.00
(3) 10-Hour “School-Age Appropriate Practices” $15.00
(4) 10-Hour “Owner/Operator of Child Care Programs” $15.00
(5) 10-Hour “Special Needs Appropriate Practices” $15.00
d. 6-Hour “Train-the-Trainer” $15.00
4. Continuing Education (Same as your Annual In-service Training)
a. 3 clock hours $15.00
b. “Beyond Center and Circle Time” $30.00
c. “Circle Literacy Training” $30.00
5. CDA “Child Development Associate Equivalency Program” $65.00
Text Book for CDA $30.00
6. Make-up Classes
Per each module $15.00
Click here to register for all state mandated training
Click here to register for CDA courses and Continuing Education Modules